Apartments at Genesis
The apartments that make up Genesis come with good amenities, affordable rent, and comfortable floor plans, whether you live alone or in a larger household.
- Newly constructed one, two and three bedroom apartments
- One wheelchair accessible, two-bedroom unit
- Spacious apartments with large windows and closets
- Individually-metered utilities
- Fully equipped kitchens with all major appliances
- Laundry room with oversized washers and dryers
- Large and small meeting spaces, and a community kitchen for group meetings and community get-togethers and activities.
- On a major bus line and in proximity to grocery stores, day care, and other amenities
The interest in Genesis has been strong and, as a result, only a small number of apartments remain available. The remaining units are restricted to households whose combined annual income is between 51% and 80% of the Area Median Income (AMI) for the DC region. Applicants can be single seniors or couples, households with seniors, households with children, or intergenerational households that include both seniors and children. Rents for available apartments are $1,200 for a one-bedroom unit, and $1,980 for a three-bedroom unit.
The chart at right will help you determine whether you fall in the 51-80% AMI income category.